Features for the Power Sonic PS-2/3A are:
- State of the art design and a meticulously controlled manufaturing process combine to supply consumer and industrial applications throughout the world with dependable, high performance nickel-cadmium batteries.
- Sealed leak-proof construction allows trouble-free and safe operation in any position. Batteries are built to withstand high levels of shock and vibration.
- Low cell impedance allows the battery voltage to remain virtually constant for close to 90% of the discharge period delivering stable performance for a broad range of load requirements.
- Life expectancy of Power-Sonic nickel-cadmium batteries is 500-1000 charge/discharge cycles, and five years or more when used in standby service at room temperature.
- Resealable vents automatically control cell pressure and thus assure safety and reliability.
- An operating temperature range of -20 ºC to +50 ºC (-4 ºF to 158 ºF) for regular cells, and -20 ºC (-4 ºF to 158 ºF) for hi-temp cells provides design flexibility for a wide band of environmental extremes. The temperature range for charging is 0 ºC to 50 ºC ( 32 ºF to 122 ºF)
- Cell uniformity is assured through an electronic selection process which records capacity and impedance of each cell - an important feature in guaranteeing long term performance in cell assemblies.